- I've got a new, exciting project with Fiona McBain and Glenn Patscha from Ollabelle. We are called THE BIG BRIGHT and we've just finished our debut record, I Slept Thru the 80's. Please keep an eye out for us!
- Liz has a new blog, complete with rare tracks and photos-check it out!
- Liz will be playing in NYC at the American Folk Art Museum's Free Music Friday series on July 27th! Be sure to come and bring friends when this amazing museum opens its galleries to the public for free!
- Read a killer review of Liz's recent Rockwood Music Hall show!
- Sign up for Liz's mailing list and get a free download of "Don't Love Back"!
- Liz has a brand new Facebook page...If you love her, 'like' her!
- Liz contributes background vocals on 2 new brand new records- "The Tear Collector" by Marit Bergman and "Songs from the Jefferson Highway" by Ollabelle's Glenn Patscha. Check out these great artists!
- "Limelight" is getting some love in the Blogosphere: Lucid Culture, Chaotic Revleations, Lonesome Music & Playground Sounds
- Listen to NPR's "Open Mic" show featuring Liz's song "Limelight" and a brief interview
"At times her lyrics are dark, the musical arrangements haunting and strangely atmospheric, but throughout you become captivated by this newcomer's songs of regret, loss and hope for the future."
MAVERICK MAGAZINE, UK
"A deceptively unassuming album that reveals and beguiles more with each listen and, if it garners the exposure it deserves, should provide a firm foundation for a long career."
"There's not a thing about this album I would change. I love her voice, lyrics, and the music behind it all. It's both earthy and alien and I can't stop listening to it."
"Strains of Britpop, garage rock and country slyly slink through Tormes' sparse, gothic-leaning debut..."Darkness has been a friend to me," Tormes sings on the disc-ending "Fade Away", and by that point, you know she ain't joking. "NO DEPRESSION
"Liz Tormes is an artist who makes it all sound so simple - her seemingly effortless vocals glide across graceful melodies, drawing you into her darkly beautiful songs... Don't miss her first effort, Limelight. "PERFORMING SONGWRITER